What is a Senior Research Project?

At BASIS Tucson, seniors have the chance to propose an independent research project that takes place off campus during the last trimester of the year. The seniors whose proposals are accepted write their own syllabi and then head off into the world, to a site where they conduct their research while interning with a professional in the field. Those of us stuck on campus follow their adventures on this blog. Now that the projects are over, we are all excited to attend their presentations. The schedule is as follows:

Wednesday, May 11, 6-8 PM
at the U of A Poetry Center (environmentalism projects)
Sierra Cordova, Nicole Rapatan, Zobella Vinik and Dany Joumaa (see titles of projects, below)

Saturday, May 14, 10-12 AM
at The Loft Cinema (arts projects)
Clarice Bales, Samone Isom, Josh Waterman and Angelynn Khoo (see titles of projects, below)

Monday, May 16, 6-8 PM
at BioSciences West, Rm. 310, U of A ( U of A projects)
Joseph Tang, Jayanth Ganesan, Andrew Graham and Gabriel Carranza (see titles of projects, below)

Tuesday, May 17, 6-8 PM
at U of A McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship, Blg. MCLND, rm. 207 (travel abroad projects)
Clover Powell, Greg Spell, Agustin Temporini and Margarita Sadova.

We'd love to see you there!



The BASIS Tucson Class of 2011 Senior Research Project bloggers (with the titles of their projects) are:



Clarice Bales: "Narrative and Film"



Sierra Cordova: "The Intent and Application of Environmental Policy"



Clover Powell: "The Artistic Interpretation of the Biological Sciences"



Greg Spell: "Micro-venturing in Guatemala"



Agustin Temporini: "A Study of the Role of the Press in 1960's/70's Argentina"



Gabriel Carranza: "Analysis and Research on Drugs associated with Torsades de Pointes"



Dany Joumaa: "Innovations in Display Technology: Synthesis of Organic Luminescent Materials Compounds"



Joseph Tang: "The Creation and Project of 3D Holograms"



Jayanth Ganesan: "Research of Game Thoeretic Models in relation to Non-Market Games"



Andrew Graham: "The Malaria-Resistant Mosquito"



Samone Isom: "Art and Artist: in peril of Devaluation?"



Angelynn Khoo: "Mousa, Mouseion, Museum: MOCA Tucson"



Nicole Rapatan: "Sustainable Architecture and Design in Modern Times"



Margarita Sadova: "Pulmonology at St. Joseph's Hospital"



Josh Waterman: "The Fiery Crossroads of Artistic Value and Financial Success in the Independent Film Industry"



Zobella Vinik: "Environmental Psychology with the Drachman Institute"







Enjoy the Blog!



















Friday, March 11, 2011

Busy, busy, busy! Clarice's SRP cont'd

I really don't have too much to post, despite last week being the busiest week I've had in a long time. I worked with Jacob in the mornings and then went and worked at the Tucson Cine Mexico (which is now over with) in the evenings. Despite thinking that I would die from not eating regularly during those five days, the festival was wonderful (all the films were great) and working with Jacob was great as it always it (and no, I wasn't being sarcastic).
At the beginning of last week, I finally finished my little video for Jacob of the first wedding that I was on. I can't really watch it any more, so I guess I'll post the link for you guys to watch if you have time to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQpxo6-vk8o
This week I've been learning more about the side of business that everyone hates: paperwork, and keeping it organized. I finished backing up albums for Jacob (for now), burning them onto DVDs and then shoving them into boxes. We (Jacob and I) have cleaned up his office a bit more and maybe in the near future I can start filming him work in there for a promotional video. This coming Monday I'm going to be working on another short video for him, which he filmed himself since I wasn't at the engagement session. Otherwise, my next main project will be me focusing more on my final product and completing that.
Along with helping Jacob, I'm still working at my second internship with Eren McGinnis and her partner Ari Palos (this is their website if you're curious: http://dosvatos.com/). I finished scanning public release forms for them, which they needed done, but didn't have the time. They're working on two projects at once: their own documentary--"Precious Knowledge"--and then a documentary for Discovery Channel en Espanol. Actually, the premiere for Precious Knowledge is on March 24th at the Fox Theater downtown, so once I know more about the specifics I'll tell you guys and hopefully some of you can make it.
Also, tomorrow I'm going with Eren and Ari to a shoot that they are doing and then later next week I have an engagement session and wedding with Jacob. All the work they have for me is keeping me on my toes!

Clarice

No comments: